A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is an objective test that measures a person’s capacity to perform work-related tasks such as lifting, pushing, and pulling. The EPIC system provides an objective and accurate evaluation of an individual’s ability to perform essential work functions. It is an important tool to assist employers, physicians, insurance companies and case managers to determine safe functional levels for an individual to either return to work or to establish residual functional ability. FCEs can also be performed before and after work conditioning programs to track progress. Our therapist are certified to provide FCEs from EPIC systems (EPICrehab.com).
What Benefits Will We Bring?
– Complement AMA Impairment Rating (WCAB . En Banc Almarez-Guzman). Quantify/Translate Impairment rating into functional limitations
– Determine and comment on how AMA Impairment affects activities of daily living (ADLs)
– Complement to complex Med-Legal Evaluations (AME, IME, QME)
– Testing to identify work capabilities based on the physical demand characteristic of work (PDC)
– Serial Testing in order to determine the progress of treatment and/or rehabilitation